Christ Church means to me
My name is Michelle, I'm 36 years of age and am
married to Mike. We have two daughters aged 6½ and 3½ years. We
moved into Virginia Water about 2 years ago and I first attended a Sunday service
at Christchurch about a year ago.
The people I met were very welcoming and
seemed to have found "something" that I have been looking for a trust
in Jesus, and the ability to bring that into their lives, whilst still being
interesting, 'normal' people who gave me and my family a sincere, warm welcome.
I have become a regular member of the church and briefly summarise why as follows:
- I can learn about Jesus in a number of environments,
not only at the variety of services.
- There are interesting sermons, explaining and
sharing the Good News of the Gospel.
- There is a clear focus on the Bible bringing
the life and resurrection of Jesus to the forefront.
- At the local House Group I have met other individuals
and families who are all developing their relationship with God and learning
about him and participating in their own special way.
- Helping with the children's classes also teaches
me many things, as well as helping me to introduce Jesus to my children.
- I also really enjoyed singing in the choir at
Christmas and am looking forward to rehearsals for the Easter celebrations.
- I have found encouragement and support from
other members of the church, without pressure. There is always an open invitation