a Community Church with an Evangelical Anglican heritage, our mission is to demonstrate
in word and action, the good news of Jesus Christ. This is in order that God our
Father is glorified and His kingly rule extended, in us as individual believers;
among us as a fellowship of disciples; and through us in our parish and further
afield, in our country and overseas.
- Evangelism - Sharing the Good News of Jesus
BUILD - Discipleship - Pastoral Care, Service and Training
SEND - Multiplication - Reproducing and Sending in Ministry
EVANGELISM (Matthew 28:16-20 & 1 Peter 3:15)
1. Ensure every person in Virginia Water has the opportunity to hear the good news of Jesus Christ in an appropriate way within their life time.
2. Motivate & equip the church to share their faith in Jesus Christ as a way of life.
3. Provide regular evangelistic training and organize seeker friendly events to grow our church membership.
PASTORAL CARE (Ephesians 4:1-16)
1. To have a system in place whereby every sick/lonely/new member would be visited within 24 hours of us being notified.
2. Offer support in practical (helping vulnerable people with DIY, etc), spiritual and emotional ways so that Christ Church becomes the 'Health Centre' of Virginia Water.
3. Enlarge the Pastoral Care Team to include House Group leaders and members, people with practical/professional skills and also those identified through the Network Course.
4. Offer regular training to the PC Team i.e. basic counselling skills, listening courses, etc and training days for church members on life's stresses (marriage/bereavement/divorce/debt, etc).
SUNDAY SCHOOL (Matthew 19:13-15)
1. Enhance the means by which children in the parish come to know and love and make a commitment to Jesus.
2. Co-operate with Christ Church Infants School, other local schools and youth agencies to achieve the above.
3. Recruit and maintain at least three teachers plus helpers for every Sunday School class.
4. Employ a full time children's and family worker (0-11)
YOUTH MINISTRY (1 Timothy 4:12)
1. Maintain programme of weekly spiritual and social activities for young people.
2. Create regular opportunities for dynamic interactive vibrant worship popular with young people.
3. Develop a youth network where the young people are being trained and discipled to lead groups and services, and be involved in all areas of the church and community.
4. Recruit a team of youth workers, gender balanced, including full time, part time, gap year and volunteers.
DISCIPLESHIP & SPIRITUALITY (Acts 2:42-47)
1. Encourage personal and corporate learning and practice in devotional prayer and spirituality so that we grow to know and love God more deeply.
2. Motivate every Church member to discover their God-given skills and gifts to serve one another within the Church and the local community.
WORSHIP (Ephesians 3:16-20)
1. To ensure that our worship in church remains grounded in Scripture.
2. To provide, through a variety of services, opportunities for worshippers, whatever their needs, to connect with God and to glorify him.
3. To ensure that services are planned and delivered creatively in order to reflect the breadth of all that God is and all that we are.
4. To establish a process of review, to monitor the effectiveness of services in achieving these goals.
BIBLE STUDY SMALL GROUPS (Hebrews 10:19-25)
1. Maximise the proportion of church members in small groups.
2. Significantly increase the number of small groups meeting twice a month to study the bible, worship, pray and have fellowship together following an agreed teaching programme.
3. Train sufficient small group leaders by discovering those appropriately gifted. Encourage delegation and training within existing small groups.
4. Deepen the spiritual life, nurture and witness of our small groups through pastoral care and community action.
MISSION (Acts 17:22-31)
1. Encourage the development of closer contact with our existing mission partners and agencies.
2. Broaden our contact with other mission agencies in areas of ministry and parts of the world not yet covered.
3. Deepen our awareness of and involvement in the wider Anglican as well as universal Church.
4. Co-operate more fully with local and national agencies addressing particular social needs such as homelessness and drug abuse.
5. Challenge members to consider opportunities for full and part-time Christian mission.
STEWARDSHIP (2 Corinthians 8:1-15)
1. To facilitate church groups` achievement of their identified goals by helping to identify the financial resources needed.
2. To encourage Christian stewardship and raise financial awareness among church members.
3. To model intelligent and prudent expenditure control of church funds.
4. To emphasise the need to get value for money for all expenditure.
5. To empower PCC members and church wardens to take budget responsibility in designated areas.
BUILDINGS & FACILITIES (1 Peter 2:4-12)
1. To facilitate best use of the current premises through the creative examination and simplification of operational and organisational issues.
2. To plan for and meet the future accommodation needs of the Church for Sunday services, Sunday School, youth work, evangelism & local community.
1. We believe that Biblical teaching anointed by the Holy Spirit is the catalyst for individual and corporate transformation. (Romans 12:7; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; James 1:23-25)
2. We believe that lost people matter to God, and therefore, ought to matter to the Church. This is the reason for our commitment to relational evangelism as well as organised evangelistic events. (Luke 5:30-32; Luke 15; Matthew 18:14)
3. We believe that the Church should be culturally relevant while remaining doctrinally pure. (1 Corinthians 9:19-23)
4. We believe that Christ's followers should demonstrate authenticity and yearn for continuous growth. (Ephesians 4:25-32; Hebrews 12:1; Philippians 1:6)
5. We believe that the Church should operate as a unified community of servants stewarding their spiritual gifts. (1 Corinthians 12 & 14; Romans 12; Ephesians 4)
6. We believe that loving relationships should permeate every aspect of Church life. This includes the principle of servant-hood and commitment to relationship building. (1 Corinthians 13; Nehemiah 3; Luke 10:1; John 13:34-35)
7. We believe that life-change happens best in small groups. This is the reason for our commitment to small groups to facilitate fellowship, teaching and ministry. (Luke 6:12-13; Acts 2:44-47)
8. We believe that excellence in all we do honours God and inspires people. (Colossians 3:17; Malachi 1:6-14; Proverbs 27:17)
9. We believe that churches should be led by those with leadership gifts. This is the reason for our commitment to shared leadership, continuous training and the evaluation of gifts and abilities. (Nehemiah 1 & 2; Romans 12:8; Acts 6:2-5)
10. We believe that full devotion to Christ and serving His cause is normal for every believer. This includes the concept of stewardship, servant-hood, and discipleship. (1 Kings 11:4; Philippians 2:1-11; 2 Corinthians 8:7)